For the ninth consecutive year, Texas Christian University has been selected as one of the 2019 Great Colleges to Work For® with special designation as an elite Honor Roll institution. TCU was one of 85 institutions recognized (out of 236 that participated), and one of 42 represented on the Honor Roll as being stand-outs in their size categories.
TCU was recognized in eight categories this year:
- Collaborative Governance: Faculty members are appropriately involved in decisions related to academic programs.
- Professional/Career Development Programs: Employees are given the opportunity to develop skills and understand requirements to advance in their careers.
- Teaching Environment: Faculty members say the institution recognizes innovative and high-quality teaching.
- Compensation & Benefits: Pay is fair, and benefits meet the needs of employees.
- Facilities, Workspace & Security: Facilities adequately meet needs, the appearance of the campus is pleasing, and the institution takes steps to provide a secure environment.
- Job Satisfaction and Support: Provides insight into the satisfaction with job fit, autonomy, and resources.
- Confidence in Senior Leadership: Leaders have the necessary knowledge, skills, and experience for institutional success.
- Supervisor/Department Chair Relationship: Supervisor makes expectations clear and solicits ideas.