FSC Workshops for Faculty
A series of six workshops are held on Friday afternoons each Fall and Spring semester to provide faculty development to embed “Finding Ourselves in Community” into various courses across campus. Applications are accepted the semester prior to the workshops. Workshops take place the semester prior to the course being taught.
All existing courses are eligible, from all disciplines. Your participation is acknowledged with a $2,000 stipend.
- Pedagogy professional development that supports belonging and community
- Provide information on campus resources
- Curriculum professional development
- Highlighting on-campus resources for students and faculty to support further professional development in DEI and how to better support our diverse student body
- Provide a toolbox for inclusive pedagogy practices to enhance community and belonging in the classroom.
- Aid in pinpointing how to incorporate the FSC student learning outcomes into your course
Follow the directions on the form, include your syllabus and current CV, and upload to the Box folder designated on the form.
Spring Workshops (for teaching the following Fall)
- Applications open March 1
- Deadline is the fourth Friday of April
Fall Workshops (for teaching the following Spring)
- Applications open October 1
- Deadline is the third Friday of November