Chairs and Directors Council
The Academic Chairs and Directors Council is made up of and supports department chairs and program directors. The council meets monthly to discuss challenges, provide insights, and make recommendations on matters of concern for faculty and faculty leaders. Contact Dr. M. Francyne Huckaby, Associate Provost of Faculty Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for information on past and upcoming meetings and professional development opportunities.
Meetings and Professional Development
January 2023, Noon-1 p.m., Scharbauer Hall Debate Chambers
- Professional Development: Case Studies to explore typical challenges faced by department chairs and program directors, and discussions with General Counsel, Human Resources and the Office of Inclusion & Equity
- Faculty Affairs update: incoming and outgoing admin checklist, summer chair stipends, plans for Academy
- New name proposal
- Continued discussion from previous meetings and review of decisions made
February 17, 2023, Noon-1 p.m., Scharbauer Hall Debate Chambers
- Provost Teresa Abu-Nader Dahlberg participated in a Q&A.
- David E. Allen, executive director for Institutional Effectiveness, presented on assessment, SACSCOC reaccreditation and the required Quality Enhancement Plan, and qualification justifications for adjunct faculty.
March 10, 2023, Noon-1 p.m., Scharbauer Hall Debate Chambers
- Faculty Affairs update
- ChatGPT panel of experts with Q&A
April 21, 2023, Noon-1 p.m., Scharbauer Hall Debate Chambers
- Adjunct hiring panel with Q&A
May 16-17, 2023, CHAIRS AND DIRECTORS COUNCIL ACADEMY
- TCU Academic Chairs and Directors Academy: Drs. Jeanne Hey and Kevin Kumashiro as well as TCU presenters and facilitators will offer sessions, presentations and workshops in full-group sessions, plus dedicated breakout sessions. The program will have options for new and experienced chairs and directors.
Resources For Department Chairs and Directors
Policies and Procedures
Onboarding New Faculty
- Registrar’s Office – Academic Calendar, Final Exam Calendar, Five-Year Calendar
- Tenure and Promotion Calendar
- Example Timeline for TCU Department Chairs