University Advisory Committee
The University Advisory Committee advises the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs on actions concerning promotion and tenure in accordance with the policy and procedures of the Faculty Advisory Committee Structure.
The University Advisory Committee consists of eight faculty members:
- Four are elected by the Faculty Senate from among the total tenured University faculty
- Four are appointed by the Provost.
- Members represent AddRan College of Liberal Arts (two members representing Humanities and Social Sciences), and one each from Bob Schieffer College of Communication, College of Education, College of Fine Arts, College of Science & Engineering, Harris College of Nursing & Health Sciences, and Neeley School of Business.
- Only tenured faculty may serve on the committee.
- Department chairs are not eligible.
- Any faculty member who devotes one-half or more of their time to administrative duties is not eligible.
- Any committee member who has served a full term (three years) is not eligible for appointment or reelection for three years.
- The term of service is three years, staggered so that no more than three members expire in the same year.
- Terms end at the end of the spring semester.
- Terms begin at the beginning of the fall semester,
- The Provost and Faculty Senate each choose committee members according to this schedule: University Advisory Committee membership appointment schedule.
- In January of each year, the Faculty Senate and the Provost will select members based on the above schedule. Selections must be made before the end of the spring semester.
- The committee shall elect a chair for the ensuing year at a meeting held before the end of the spring semester.
Committee Members 2024
|AddRan College of Liberal Arts - Humanities
|AddRan College of Liberal Arts - Social Sciences
|Neeley School of Business
|Guy Golan (replacing retiring professor)
|Bob Schieffer College of Communications
|Jo Beth Jimerson, CHAIR
|College of Education
|College of Fine Arts
|Harris College of Nursing and Health Sciences
|College of Science and Engineering