Currently in its fourth year, the STEM Scholar program at TCU represents one of TCU’s most ambitious programs. The full four-year scholarships provide academic support and leadership development to increase the numbers of the best and brightest students from underrepresented populations to pursue degrees in STEM. These impressive students positively impact the strength and vitality of the TCU community through their academic achievements, community involvement and commitment to the greater good.
Cumulative GPA >3.54
100% Retention Rate
Full 4-year Scholarship
We welcome applications from high school students who:
- currently attend high school in the North Central Texas Region: Wise, Denton, Collin, Hunt, Palo Pinto, Parker, Tarrant, Dallas, Rockwall, Kaufman, Erath, Hood, Somervell, Johnson, Ellis and Navarro counties.
- are underrepresented in STEM fields. The National Science Foundation defines underrepresented groups in STEM as Black, Hispanic, American Indian or Alaska Native.
- plan to pursue a STEM major while at TCU. You may change your field of study to another STEM field while at TCU.
STEM Majors at TCU
- Applied Geoscience; Astronomy & Physics
- Bachelor of Combined Science; Biochemistry; Biology; Business Information Systems
- Chemistry; Computer Information Technology; Computer Science
- Data Science
- Educational Studies – (Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Math, Physics); Engineering; Environmental Science
- Mathematics; Middle School Education (Math, Science); Movement Science
- Neuroscience; Nutrition
- Physics; Psychology
- Secondary Education – (Life Science, Physical Science)
Benefits Beyond the Scholarship
- 4-week Summer Enrichment Experience includes “Intro to Scientific Thinking” class
- Undergraduate Research
- Educational Travel and Study Abroad
- Academic Workshops
- Leadership and Professional Development
- Weekly Meetings
- Academic Advising