These guidelines apply to all faculty, staff and students when representing the University or engaging in University business, regardless of how the travel is funded. This does not apply to non-TCU travel.
Domestic and International Travel
All student travel with at least one overnight stay – domestic or international – must be registered and approved through the Center for International Studies prior to committing funds. This encompasses study abroad, study away, research, conferences, competitions and other TCU business.
- Faculty or staff sponsor must submit travel requests to Student Travel Authorization and Registration on the Center for International Studies website.
- Reminder, this includes all domestic travel with students, as well as international travel.
Colleges, schools and units must:
- Retain signed indemnification forms (required)
- Maintain a log detailing names, locations, dates and purpose of student activities around the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
Faculty and Staff Travel – International
All international travel for faculty and staff without students must be registered and approved by the Center for International Studies prior to committing funds.
- Submit requests to Faculty/Staff Authorization and Registration on the Center for International Studies website.
Faculty and Staff Travel – Domestic
For all domestic travel for faculty and staff without students, colleges, schools and units must:
- Implement an approval process
- Maintain a log detailing the faculty or staff member’s name, location, date and purpose of travel.